A selection of my writing out in the world, as they say…
- Carrie Snyder’s interview for Launched, a monthly column focusing on new Canadian books, hosted online by The New Quarterly
- Kerry Clare’s review on her wondrous blog site, Pickle Me This
- rob mclennan’s blog interview
- CKUW radio’s Femisphere show; the interview starts around 18:30
- Peterborough Examiner article
My fiction has appeared in literary journals, magazines and newspapers, including The New Quarterly, The Antigonish Review, Southword, U of T Magazine (online), Kindred, The Peterborough Examiner, and more. Some stories have won or been finalists for awards, including the Seán Ó Faoláin International Short Story Prize.
The non-fiction anthology, How to Expect What You’re Not Expecting (Touchwood Editions, 2013) includes my essay, “Missing Data”. The book won a national IPPY award.
Several short essays have been published in The Globe and Mail:
- “Translating My Child’s Pain”, February 18, 2019
- “Our Dream Kitchen was a Reno Nightmare”, December 21, 2009
- “Toy Guns in his Sites”, December 12, 2008
- “Granny Clothes”, April 11, 2008
- “Stealth Vegetables”, October 12, 2007